Windows 11 23H2 update, expected in the latter part of the year, has quite a few updates and possibly a strange code name (ZINC). So if you would lie a quick run down, without the ads we seem to get more of now on YouTube, read on.
What to expect – more detail with Pictures & Videos later in this post
This is an AI sidebar to help you or inspire you. Basically it is Chat GPT. Also in Edge, XBox, MS 365 and a few other apps.
File Explorer notable new features
1. Rar, 7-ZIP etc now can be accessed similar to zip files (compressed folders)
2. Gallery View
3. Tear off a tabs (like Browser)
TaskBar UI (turn back the clock features)
1. Tasbar Settings – Stop combining tabs
2. Move Start Menu to left
1. End Task feature can be turned on
2. Create virtual disks you can use BitLocker on
Other stuff and rumours
1. Snipping Tool will include recording screen
2. Outlook to replace Mail App in future
The CoPilot icon is shown circled above
Note: Click Images to Zoom
This brings up a side bar where you can enter a query
Here I ask the CoPilot to turn on Bluetooth. It gives me a dialog offering to turn it on for me.
Note: Expand Videos for better viewing
File Explorer – Compressed Folders include Rar and 7-Zip
File Explorer – Tear off a tabs
Taskbar – Reposition
TaskBar – End Task